Apple launched AirTag, for finding misplaced devices or any accessories, keys, and wallets. Apple’s AirTag comes with smart features for finding devices, which comes with a U1 chip ( which is available on iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models) it’s too easy to locate lost items. But this item tracking works only with your connected items which are in a Bluetooth range. So, if the AirTag is out of the Bluetooth range, then how will you find it? In this situation, you have put your Airtag in a lost mode and wait for Find My Network to locate your lost accessories or wallet. If you have lost AirTag, follow these steps to find it.
How to Put an AirTag in Lost Mode (May 2021)
Before getting started you might have some questions.!
What is Find My Network, and How Does It Work?
Find My Network (Find My Device) is a crowdsourced network of Apple devices that use Bluetooth technology to locate your lost devices or nearby devices. When the network finds the missing device, it reports its approx location to the owner of the device.
What Happens When You Mark Your AirTag As Lost?
Apple’s Find My App not only enable a lost mode for your AirTag, AirPods and etc but also allow you to enter a custom message and phone number that will we show up when someone finds the item tracker or any Apple device. You also get an option to enable the “Notify When Found” option to get an alert when you are near the item.
When you mark your AirTag as lost, if anyone finds the device he can contact you easily. But you need to bring AirTag close to an iPhone.
How to Mark an AirTag as Lost
1. Open the Find My App on your iPhone.
2. Now, Click on the Items tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Next Step, select the AirTag that you want to put in a lost mode.
4. Now swipe up on the card to the Lost Mode option. Then tap on Enable option located right under the Lost Mode, As soon it the below screenshot.
5. Read the instructions and tap on Continue.
6. Then, enter your phone number. After that, tap on ‘Next’ at the top right corner of the screen.
7. Now, turn on the switch right next to Notify When Found. You also get the option to customize the lost message that will appear when someone finds your AirTag.
8. After, you have entered your message for someone who finds AirTag and, activate this ‘Notify When Found’ option only if the device tracker is out of range. Then tap on Activate to confirm the action and enable Lost Mode for your AirTag.
If someone finds your AirTag if they bring the white side of the AirTag close to an NFC capable iOS or Android device. This is an alert and will pop up on their screen and link them to the website URL with a custom message and phone number.
What to Do If You Lose an AirTag: Easy Steps to Follow
Now you know how this feature works, As the lost mode is available on all AirTag compatible devices. So what you think of AirTag, tell me in the comments box.