COVID-19 vaccines have a massive shortage in India, the government is now opening vaccination for all adults in the country from 1st May as it is the third phase of the vaccination. Now the age 18 will have to register on the Aarogya Setu app or CoWIN to get the COVID-19 vaccine in India. So if you want to learn how to register to get the coronavirus vaccine in India, you have come to the right place.
Register for COVID-19 Vaccine 18+ in India
The third phase of vaccination will begin on May 1st, the registration process will start on 28th April. In this article, we will tell you how to register the COVID-19 vaccine in India. But also everything you should know about the vaccines.
Which includes price, eligibility criteria, and stepson how to download vaccination certificates. If your age is between 18-45 years then here’s you can register for the COVID-19 vaccine in India:
Register for COVID-19 Vaccine via Aarogya Setu App on Android and iOS
- Now, open the app and go to the ‘Vaccination’ tab. Enter your mobile number and click on ‘Proceed to Verify’ wait for OTP now.
- Once OTP verification is completed, register for the vaccine by entering the required details. Now click on the ‘Schedule Vaccination’ button. You can now find the vaccination center by entering your area PIN Code to schedule an appointment for the vaccine.
Register for COVID-19 Vaccine via CoWIN App on Android
You can also use the CoWIN app to register for the COVID-19 vaccine. Let’s get started, install or update the CoWIN app here is the (download link – Free) on your Android smartphone.
- Now open the app, enter your mobile number, and tap on ‘Get OTP’. Now enter the OTP once you get it and click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- On the Registration page, fill in your personal details, including name, birth year, gender, and more.
- Next, upload the documents and click on ‘Register‘. Finally, follow the instructions to select a nearby vaccination center and schedule an appointment.
The mobile app now seems to have some login issues. The app has a 1.6-star rating, and we suggest you visit the CoWin website for COVID-19 vaccine registration in India.
Register for COVID-19 Vaccination on CoWIN Website
Steps to register using the CoWIN website are, visit cowin.gov.in. Now scroll down to ‘Find Your Nearest Vaccination Center’. The search box next to the map, enter your PIN Code, select your location which is near to you, and click on ‘Register Yourself‘.
- Then you will move to a new page where you can register for vaccination. Now enter your mobile number and click on ‘Get OTP‘.
- Now enter OTP and then follow instructions to register for the COVID-19 vaccine. You have to enter your personal information, name, birth year, and ID proof.
Eligibility Criterion and Required Documents
As already mentioned, the third phase of the COVID-19 vaccination will be for all adults. The above age of 18 will be eligible for the vaccination. You have to carry any government photo ID, like a driving license, Aadhar Card, or voter ID card.
Approved COVID-19 Vaccines in India
There are three COVID-19 vaccines that have been approved for use in India, but now only two are currently available. Let’s know about these two COVID-19 vaccines:
- Covaxin: Codenamed BBV152 of Covaxin, Covaxin is an indigenous COVID-19 vaccine developed by the Hyderabad-based company Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- CoviShield: Codenamed AZD1222 of CoviShield, CoviShield is the name of the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Oxford University’s Jenner Institute in collaboration with a British pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca. It is being manufactured by the Serum Institute of India (SII) in Pune, Maharashtra.
Also, the Russia-made Sputnik V’ vaccine has also received emergency use authorization (EUA) in the country. It will most likely be available from May for Rs. 750 (~$10) per dose.
Pricing of COVID-19 Vaccines in India
The price of both CoviShield and Covaxin varies from state to state. It also depends on where you choose to be vaccinated. They cost Rs. 250 (~$3.50) at private hospitals, and the government centers are offering them for free to people above 45.
For people below 45, CoviShield will cost up to Rs. 600 at private hospitals, The Covaxin prices will be as much as Rs. 1,200 per dose. In the government hospitals, it will free for all citizens.
The following state governments have announced free COVID-19 vaccination to all residents, including those aged below 45:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
How to Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates
COVID-19 vaccination certificates are available to download from Aarogya Setu, DigiLocker, CoWIN, and Umang apps in India. To get a certificate, you must have the following criteria.
- You have to get at least one dose of the vaccine
- Must have the 14-digit beneficiary reference IDd
- Must have a CoWIN registration to download the vaccination certification.
Get Vaccinated and Stay Safe from COVID-19
The second wave of COVID-19 ravaging India, so vaccination for the Indians is the only way to get out of this situation. Also, make sure to follow all the WHO guidelines and India’s MoHFW, including time-to-time hand washing, mask-wearing, and sanitizing. Stay indoors unless it’s necessary to go out. Doing all of the above will protect you and your loved ones.
Stay Safe Stay Home