Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) in beta in June earlier this year. The game was now officially launched on Android. You can download and install Battlegrounds Mobile India on your Android device right now, but not supported on iOS. For desktop players, here are the steps you can follow to install and play Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on your PC and laptop.
Play Battlegrounds Mobile India on PC and Laptop (2021)
As we are writing this article, Bluestacks 5 is the only Android emulator that supports BGMI ( Battlegrounds Mobile India) officially. If you try downloading the game on other emulators, you will get a “Server Busy” error when you open the game. Here’s you can download and install BGMI on your PC.
Download and Install BlueStacks
1. Go to the official website of Bluestacks and download BlueStacks 5. Do keep in mind you need BlueStacks 5 to play BGMI on your PC. You can’t play Battlegrounds Mobile India in BlueStacks 4.
2. Open the BlueStacks installer file and click on the “Install now” button to install BlueStacks on your Windows computer. Bluestacks 5 is not available on macOS at the moment, so you can’t play BGMI on your Mac computer.
Install Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) on BlueStacks
1. Now open Bluestacks, and click on Play Store from the home page. The first time you will have to log in with your Google account.
2. After you have logged in, click on the search box and type “Battlegrounds Mobile India”, and hit the Enter key.
3. After, click on “Install” to download the game.
4. Once the game is installed, click “Open” to play BGMI using BlueStacks 5 on your PC or laptop.
5. Now, you will need to log into the game using Facebook, Twitter, or Google accounts. Before playing the game, you also have to download the graphic resources. Based on your PC’s hardware specs, you can choose between the low-spec resources pack that’s 381.3 MB in size or the 619.8 MB HD resource pack.
Remap Keybinds in BGMI Emulator on PC
Here’s how to remap keybindings in Battlegrounds Mobile India using the BlueStacks emulator on PC and laptop.
1. Go to the Settings in BGMI, you can do this by clicking on the tiny “upwards” arrow at the bottom right corner. Tap on “Settings”.
2. Now, go to the “Controls” section from the right side. Then, click the “Customize” button to remapping UI in Battlegrounds Mobile India.
3. After that, click the “Game Controls’ button from the right-side panel of BlueStacks 5 and choose the “Open advanced editor” option.
4. Now, you can assign your favorite key to any of the controls available in BGMI. For example, I have assigned the “F” key to open the door, number key 7 to open Settings.
BGMI on PC/ Laptop: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can We Play BGMI on PC?
Yes, you can use BlueStacks 5 emulator to play BGMI on PC and laptops. To be specific, I have personally tested Battlegrounds Mobile India with BlueStacks version 126.96.36.1999 and can confirm that it works without the “restrict-area” error.
2. Does BGMI Support Gameloop Emulator?
No, you can’t use Tencent’s Gameloop emulator to play BGMI on PC. Since Tencent’s involvement in PUBG Mobile is the reason why Krafton released BGMI in India, it is unlikely to see BGMI support in Gameloop in the foreseeable future. It remains to be seen if Krafton releases an official BGMI emulator.
3. How to Play BGMI in Emulator?
All you have to do is download BlueStacks 5 to play BGMI in Emulator on your PC. You can follow this detailed guide to install and play BGMI right now.
4. How to Fix Server Busy Error in BGMI?
To fix the server busy error, you should install BlueStacks 5 emulator on your PC. You won’t get the “restrict-area” error message when you play Battlegrounds Mobile India using BlueStacks 5.
Note: We don’t recommend you to use any of the workarounds that are available on the internet to bypass the server busy and restrict-area errors in BGMI on emulators. That’s equivalent to hacking in the game, and we strictly condemn such practices. Plus, there’s a possibility that Krafton might ban your account.
5. Which is the Best Emulator for BGMI on Windows PC?
As of writing this article, BlueStacks 5 is the best emulator you can use to play BGMI (Battlegrounds Mobile India). It will be interesting to see if other emulators add BGMI support in future updates.
Play BGMI Using Emulator on PC and Laptop
So, here’s how you can play Battlegrounds Mobile India on your PC and laptop using an emulator. As for now, BlueStacks 5 is the only emulator you can use to play BGMI right now. Comment down if you have any problems during this process.